The first organizing meeting of what was to become the congregation of the Ogden Dunes Community Church, met in November 1951. The group became a mission group of the First United Presbyterian Church of Gary. On February 22, 1953, a Sunday School was established, and a student from McCormick Seminary was hired as temporary supply.
The first service of worship was held in the Ogden Dunes Fire Station on Sunday, April 12, 1953. The following July, Logansport Presbytery approved the church's petition and the Ogden Dunes Community Church, Presbyterian was established. The service to celebrate the official organization of the church was held Sunday evening October 11, 1953 in the Ogden Dunes Fire Station.
The cornerstone for the current church building was set in place in 1958. The original church building consisted of the Sanctuary, Fellowship Hall, Nursery, Classrooms and Kitchen.
In the early 1970's, a Capital Stewardship Program raised the funds to add office space, the pastor's office, and a South Hall. In 1996, the “Growing Our Faith Capital Stewardship Program” raised funds to add the Youth Education Center, the Upper Room, and expand the Fellowship Hall.
In 2019 and 2020 renovations to the Fellowship Hall and Sanctuary were completed and were dedicated to service on June 6, 2021.